The 11th edition of Cinemìcinemà International Short Film Festival will take place in Arezzo from 24th to 26th September 2020; finalist films will be shown on 24th and 25th September and the Festival Closing Ceremony will be held on 26th September 2020.
10th edition theme is Challenges. The two categories are:
- Short Films
- Animation Short Films
Each category is divided into two sections according to the author’s age:
- UNDER 30
- OVER 30.
One or more short films can be submitted, produced after 1st January 2017 and no longer than 15 minutes including credits (VLC. MPG4. DVD).
- Short films can be submitted between 29th October 2019 and 6th March 2020.
- They can be submitted through: FilmFreeway and Festhome platforms.
- Season deadlines and fees to be paid for each submitted piece of work:
29/10 – 28/11
29/11 – 03/01
04/01 – 03/02
04/02 – 06/03
|$ 5.00||$ 7.50||$10.00||$ 20.00|
- All deadlines as well as late fees/surcharges, are strictly enforced, with no deviation, negotiation or exception and apply for ALL participants.
For the citizens of those internationally sanctioned or embargoed countries who are interested to submit their video materials, CinemìCinemà Cultural Association reserves the right to provide for exceptions. They should contact the Festival staff for details.
- All non English films must be subtitled in English.
- Documentaries, videoclips, video art films and video Ads are not admitted.
- The ones submitted after 06th March 2020 will for no reason be accepted.
- The festival committee can anticipate the submission deadline in case of unforeseeable circumstances.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category and section.
- The organisers are not responsible for any error occurring throughout the competition process.
- Materials will not be returned; the ones of finalists and winners will be stored in Cinemìcinemà International Short Film Festival movie library.
- By accepting this regulation, the finalists and winners assign to Cinemìcinemà Cultural Association all rights to publish, distribute, communicate to the general public, and/or use, the video materials submitted through any technical means of communication and any distributing channel throughout the world with no time limits, including other events and partner festivals.
- Cinemìcinemà Cultural Association undertakes not to use the above mentioned video materials for commercial purposes or profit making.
- The organisers will take utmost care but do not take any responsibility for eventual damages or loss of submitted materials.
- Cinemìcinemà Cultural Association Governing Board entitles the jury to evaluate the submitted materials and assign the prizes in the sole and unquestionable discretion.
- Finalist participants will be informed about their result through the above-mentioned platforms. The finalist short films will be screened during the Cinemicinemà International Short Film Festival 2020 Edition in Arezzo.
- Cinemìcinemà Cultural Association does not cover any expenses concerning transport and accommodation to anyone participating in the festival.
- Cinemìcinemà Cultural Association has the right to deselect all those films that
– are harmful to human and social rights
– are incoherent to this year theme
- were already screened during the previous editions.
- Finalist participants, any time promoting their films, are requested to mention their participation and/or awards in CinemìCinemà International Short Film Festival.
- Any controversy will be handled by Cinemicinemà Cultural Association Governing Board.
- No reimburse or compensation will be offered for screening short films during any activities/events CinemìCinemà International Short Film Festival and/or CinemìCinemà Cultural Association are involved in. In case of such a request on behalf of a participant, the film/s would not be reviewed by the jury.
- The above mentioned rules are accepted on submittance of materials.
General Data Protection:
Pursuant to Italian Law, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 and EU Reg. 2016/679, you are hereby informed that Cinemìcinemà Cultural Association will only use all personal data for competition purposes.